11.22.2010

surprise & delight.

When I was in first grade I remember coming home from a doctor’s appointment to find a big, velvety, green hippo on my bed.
I can still remember the surprise & delight I felt.
I’m thankful for surprises.
I find joy in being on either side of a surprise.
I love little ones like leaving or receiving unexpected notes or a spur of the moment trip to 7-11 for slurpees.
I can’t wait for Christmas morning to see the delight on the faces of my two favorite little people.
& it always amazes me when I’m surprised by God.
In some ways I don’t think I should be & yet how can I not be when I abide in awe & wonder of Him & his amazing grace & love for me every day?
Delightfully surprising & then some.
ps. We are headed to Dillon, Colorado for Thanksgiving.
The predicted high for the day of thankfulness?
12 little degrees.
Oh my stars.
Mexico, where are you when I need you?

No comments:

Post a Comment