11.29.2010

if i worked at starbucks...

I don’t drink coffee.
In fact, there really isn’t a hot drink that I enjoy much.
I know, it’s kind of sad.
I think my mom thought so too when I was little & she once heated up some TANG for me.
It tasted horrible.
Needless to say Starbucks is not a place I have need to frequent often.
I’m more likely to go in to use their restroom & buy some Walker’s Shortbread {my mom taught me to always buy something from a business if you use their facilities} than I am to partake of a venti beverage.
This past Friday however, while doing my part to paint my little corner of the world pink {I like pink a whole lot more than black} & waiting for a store to open {no this was not 4 o’clock in the morning, around 9:30ish actually} I went in Starbucks with my mother-in-law & a dear friend.
I decided since it was so cold outside that I should order a hot drink instead of the pomegranate Izze that looked so good. 
So I ordered apple cider.
& when the gal called my order out this is what she said, very unenthusiasticly in my opinion but I could have made that up, ‘Hot apple juice.’
As I sheepishly stepped out of the crowd to claim said drink I thought to myself, if I worked at Starbucks I would call it ‘hot sparkling apple goodness delight.'
You know how I love things that sparkle.
ps. The shop I was waiting for to open?
Magical Scraps in Breckenridge.
Such a fun place!
Stop in & say hi to MaryAnne for me.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm...there's a coffee shop in Leadville that makes an awesome hot chai/apple cider. You wouldn't think it's good, but it is. The shop is called The Provin' Ground or something like that. So good.

    I am the same way - if I use the bathroom {or even just look around}, I have to buy a little something. I feel guilty, otherwise. Out here, half the time you can't use the bathroom unless you buy something anyway.

    ReplyDelete