11.16.2010

2 mile radius.

Today I was helping my youngest daughter put stickers on a really sweet note she wrote for her dad.
We found some ‘scratch & sniff’ stickers.
Remember those?
The moment I smelled the berry pie sticker I was taken back to piano lessons with Leanne Hedges in the Music Preparatory School at TCU. 
I can still see the various ‘praise’ stickers on the sheet music of songs I learned to play.
& since several years later I actually attended TCU as a student I started thinking about my education.
I’m thankful for the education, preschool to college {all of which were within a 2 mile radius of home}, I received so easily.
Not to say it was always an easy education {helllllooooo college biology} but that I didn’t have to work hard to show up & the supplies & resources were readily available.
I’m thankful for the value my parents placed on education & yet there was no pressure like that one dad in ‘School of Rock.’ 
Oh my stars I love that movie!
& most of all I’m thankful for teachers & their amazing dedication.
Aside from huge raises they all deserve every kind of scratch & sniff stickers ever made.
& if you’re a teacher reading this, send me your address & I’ll send you some! 
ps. Mr. Young, the other first grade teacher {meaning he wasn’t actually my teacher}, really loved bananas.
Why can I remember such things & yet I have forgotten to pick up my child for early release 2 out of 3 times?!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how I love stickers...but what I REALLY love is my brown smelly marker ~ it really smells like chocolate. I love how the kids smell the stars I make :)

    ReplyDelete