3.02.2011

for the love.

I am feeling the need to come clean with you on one little subject matter.
I'm worried it might become a hindrance in our relationship if it hasn't already.
It’s just time to simply get it out of the way.
So here goes...
I own a VHS copy of ‘Riverdance.’
Providing you with a little space here to figure out what you think about this.
Feel free to laugh profusely, cry, whatever, just let it flow, I understand.
*
*
*
*
*
Okay. 
Take a deep breath, I’m going to move on now.
So this little gem of a tape is the main reason why we still own & operate a VCR.
I cannot tell you how many times this tape has been viewed.
It has carried us through many cold, snow-filled, windy days & maybe even a few perfectly nice days where I should have turned the tv off & forced my littles to go outside already but sometimes you just gotta Riverdance for the love of Ireland.
In the past year & a half we have actually been carried further into the fun, amazing world of Irish step dancing because my oldest absolutely loves it {her sister is soon to follow in her 'dance' steps} & we love her enough to drive 124 miles roundtrip every other week, sometimes more for lessons.
This past Monday as we were traveling to Breckenridge I realized yet again, how blessed I am to call the mountains home.
I may drive 2.5 hours roundtrip for a 45 minute dance lesson but the scenery along the way is spectacular.


Something tells me I'd have to try a whole lot harder to enjoy the view driving across the Panhandle of Texas every other week {although the multiple Dairy Queen stops would surely be a bonus}.
I am thankful for the places the people in my life take me.
& I am grateful for the sparkly views along the way.
ps. Happy March!

2 comments:

  1. Oh...I can see it now...Bill's attempt to Riverdance! Good memory for me! Thanks for the laughs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous of your beautiful view! My 40 minute trip downtown isn't near as nice...

    http://barton90.blogspot.com/2011/02/mobile-technology.html

    ReplyDelete